|SMT. C. R. RADHAKUMARI
|SMT. V.L. SARADAMMA
|SMT. PADMAVATHY M.A
|SMT.JAYANTHI .R. CHANDRAN
|2015 -TILL DATE
CATCHING THE DREAMS OF TOMORROW
Aims and Objectives
The “Nursery Wing” of Kerala School, Vikaspuri aims to provide high quality care and education for children and a secure foundation for learning in an encouraging and nurturing environment, where there is an equality of opportunity and support for all and where staff and parents work in close partnership.
These aims are promoted through:-
- Valuing each child as a unique individual with special skills and abilities.
- Development of children’s self-respect and confidence in their abilities.
- Development of self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Development of friendships.
- Development of relationships where adults and children accept, value and respect one another.
- Creation of a loving and caring environment in which each child’s potential can be nurtured.
- Provision of an inspiring environment in three different areas with access to different gardens where children can play freely and be involved in many different learning experiences.
- Freedom to express feelings, ideas and beliefs within a supportive environment.
Active Learning and Development
- Follows Montessori Method of education where children learns in different ways, and accommodates all learning styles.
- Enjoyment in learning through play and structured activities.
- Development of expressive arts and design through music, dance, role play, art and craft.
- Development of communication and language skills.
- Encouragement for children to explore and investigate the world around them and develop their understanding of it through field visits.
- Development of physical skills including both large and small motor skills.
- Appropriate curriculum planning based on various publications, taking account of children’s ideas and interests to promote learning and development.
- Assessment for measuring progress through observations of children and the recording of each child’s development.
- Respect for the existing stage of development of each child and use of this as a starting point for future development of the child.
- Participation of parents in their child’s learning.
Safeguarding and Welfare
- Keeping children safe in our care.
- Implementation of health and safety policies.
- Experienced and dedicated
- Good communication skills
- A warm personality.
- Flexibility and Creativity.